Xiaomi’s MIUI 12 is a step up from its predecessor in a whole lot of methods, however there are a number of helpful options which can be dug deep beneath layers of menus. So on this information we’ll spotlight some hidden options that aren’t solely cool to make use of, however may also enhance your productiveness in a whole lot of methods. These hidden options don’t require you to obtain something particular, these are proper there in both system or app settings.
Earlier than you begin following the steps on this information, we suggest you to double-check the model of MIUI in your smartphone. One other factor to notice right here is that we used a Redmi 9 Power for this tutorial, so a few of these options could not work in your smartphone as a result of Xiaomi ships completely different builds of MIUI 12 for various units. There’s additionally a video embedded under that can present you a similar hidden options together with a bonus tip, so do test it out.
1. Floating home windows
Whereas up to now MIUI has allowed you to make use of two apps in break up display, it did not allow you to open an app in a pop-up window, till now. MIUI 12 calls this function Floating Home windows. It’s a helpful function particularly while you need to multitask. To make use of it:
- Open an app after which deliver up the recents.
- Maintain down on the app’s icon.
- Faucet on the floating window icon.
Alternatively, you may also entry it by flattening the notification shade after which tapping Floating Home windows within the fast shortcuts menu.
2. Extremely battery saver mode
Now we have seen extremely battery saver mode in a number of Android smartphones for years, however Xiaomi telephones acquired the function solely in MIUI 12. To allow this: go to Settings > Battery > Allow Extremely battery saver.
There’s additionally a fast toggle shortcut for this within the notification shade or the management centre, no matter you’re utilizing. Watch the video embedded under to know how one can allow the management centre in MIUI 12.
3. New clock fashion
MIUI 12 really has a brand new clock fashion to your lock display. To test it out:
- Go to Settings > Lock display > Lock display clock format.
- Decide the brand new clock fashion format.
4. Privateness safety
MIUI 12 now offers you a single command centre to maintain a tab of permissions that you have given to each particular person app. To examine this out:
- Go to Privateness safety.
- Right here you may see an outline of permissions. You possibly can faucet on All permissions to get a extra in depth view after which activate or off permissions for every app.
- You additionally get the flexibility to see which apps get Particular permissions like Do Not Disturb entry, Notification entry and Unrestricted information entry.
5. Display screen recording settings
For those who’re a streamer, or should you take a whole lot of display recordings, MIUI 12 permits you to tweak round a bunch of settings. To test it out:
- Open the Display screen Recorder > Settings.
- Right here, you will see *Video high quality which helps you to enhance the output bitrate to 60Mbps and even 100Mbps in some Xiaomi units.
- You can even select the audio channel of your display recordings by tapping on Sound supply. Right here you may select to mute the audio, use solely the Mic or solely the System sounds.
6. Hearken to YouTube in background totally free
MIUI 12 permits you to take heed to YouTube whereas your cellphone is locked, with out having a subscription to YouTube Premium. To strive it out:
- Go to Settings > Particular options.
- Faucet Video toolbox and allow it.
- Give permissions to the apps that you simply need to run whereas the cellphone is locked.
You’ll now discover a hovering tab on the sting of the display whereas watching YouTube movies. Swipe it out and faucet ‘Play App in Background. This may allow you to play YouTube movies whereas your smartphone is locked.
7. Alter background blur in images
You could already know that should you take a photograph within the portrait mode, you may select the extent of background blur by tapping on that little aperture icon. However what if you wish to change the background blur later? MIUI 12 permits you to change the background blur after you’ve gotten clicked a photograph. To do that:
- Open the Gallery app.
- Faucet the tiny aperture icon on a portrait picture.
- Select the quantity of blur by dragging the slider.
8. Customise the digital camera app
MIUI 12 has added just a few options that allow you to customise the Digital camera app’s UI. For example, should you do not just like the bunched up extra digital camera modes within the Extra tab, you may change them by following these steps:
- Open Digital camera app.
- Go to Digital camera settings > Customise > Digital camera modes.
- Right here you may select how you want to rearrange the extra digital camera modes.
You additionally produce other stuff you tweak round within the Customise menu:
- You possibly can faucet Function format to alter the order of digital camera options on the underside of the UI.
- You can even go to Colors and choose the color scheme of your Digital camera app.
- The Sounds setting lets you choose the type of sound your digital camera shutter will make when clicking a photograph.
9. Customized boot animation
MIUI 12 now permits you to change your boot animation. It is a fairly neat function should you’re bored of the identical inventory boot animation while you flip up your cellphone. You’ll have to obtain some boot animations from the Theme retailer, however they do work fantastically. Here is how one can strive it out:
- Open the Themes > Customise theme > Boot animation.
- Decide the boot animation of your selection.
Now you can reboot your smartphone and see the brand new boot animation.
10. Darkish mode
MIUI 12 has a system-wide Darkish Mode. To allow this:
- Open Settings > Show > Darkish mode.
- Allow the darkish theme right here.
You get higher distinction and the display turns into extra usable should you’re utilizing your smartphone late at evening. That is not it, you may also particularly select which apps get to make use of darkish mode by tapping Extra Darkish mode choices.
Is LG Wing’s distinctive design alone sufficient to assist it achieve India? We mentioned this on Orbital, our weekly expertise podcast, which you’ll be able to subscribe to by way of Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, or RSS, download the episode, or simply hit the play button under.